FAQ BEFORE REGISTRATION
These are policies for 2023 camps.
Some school districts may be in school during the first week of camp.
Please check your child's school schedule.
There are no camps the week of July 4.
The Juneteenth week, all camps are four-day camps (Tues-Fri).
- When can I register for camp?
Online registration for non-SAA Members begins at 9 AM, March 1, 2023
Members -- your registration period is considered "pre-sale", so if you visit the page before 9 AM on Feb. 27, you will see a message reading "This event is not available until 3/1/23 at 9 AM". Please wait until 9 AM, and the registration page will open for your pre-sale.
How do I become a SAA member?
Sign up online here. Please note that your membership needs to be at the Family/Dual level membership. You can pay $100 up front for this membership, or you can take advantage of our monthly membership, which is a year-long commitment of $10 a month!
Which age group does my child belong in?
Enroll your child based on the grade that they will be entering in Fall of 2023. *Please note that children entering Kindergarten are now moved into a different age group. It is important that children stay in the appropriate age level, as projects are created with their skill levels in mind.
Do I enter my name, or my child's name?
Please enter your own name when registering for anything on our website. With camps, and some other events/classes, there will be fields to enter the participant's information. This is where it's appropriate to enter your child's name.
What is the transfer/refund policy?
Refunds will be issued at 90% of original purchase price until April 3, 2023.
Refunds will be issued at 75% of original purchase price until May 7, 2023.
Refunds will be issued at 50% of original purchase price until May 21, 2023.
Refunds will continue to be made at the 50% rate, so long as you cancel within two weeks of the camp start date. Cancellations made less than two weeks in advance will not be eligible for a refund. For example: If you cancel your camp that begins July 18th on July 2nd, you'll receive 50% tuition back. If you cancel your July 18th camp on July 5th, you will not receive a refund.
Changes to your children's schedule (moving to different time slot, camp theme, etc.) can be made with a cost of $10 per transfer.
PLEASE double check which camps you are enrolling your child in before confirming your purchase, and take note of these for your summer planning.
The SAA does not issue credits.
Are all camps held at 700 N 4th Street?
- Some 3rd grade-High school camps will be held at our Broadwell Building located at 103 N. 5th Street. The SAA now owns this corner building in downtown Springfield. Camps will be held in the upper levels of this building. There is no elevator, so please contact the SAA if you would like to register a camper with an accessibility issue so accommodations can be made.
- Some public art or history camps will be hosted off site. Please refer to location listed on the camp description and/or confirmation emails before Monday drop off.
- Most camps will be held on our main campus. Although some will be held in different buildings on campus, the address to enter into your GPS is 700 N 4th Street. Camp drop off and pick up will be scheduled at different doors/buildings on our campus. You will receive that information within the week leading up to your child's camp. Please give the camp name and studio location to the person dropping your child off.
Will I get a confirmation at the time of purchase?
You should receive an emailed receipt after enrolling your child in camp. That is the last communication about your camps that you'll receive from the SAA until the week before your child's camp. At that time, you will get a reminder of the upcoming camp, with much of the below information included. PLEASE double check which camps you are enrolling your child in before confirming your purchase, and take note of these for your summer planning.
The camp I want is full. Can I get on a waiting list?
If you click register on a camp that is full, the next page will say 'sold out'. We will then get the purchase button changed to say waitlist, where you can add your child. All waitlist buttons link to the same list. If the camp you want does not yet have a waitlist button, you can use any other waitlist button to enter the camp you'd like. If and when a camp spot opens, the SAA Office will call you. We do our very best to ensure that each camp is filled, so we will be diligent about making calls from this list, should a spot open for your child. Sometimes cancellations are not made until last minute. Please have patience on this.
We have NOT confirmed a partnership with the YMCA for pre/post SAA camp care. If we are able to offer this program again, all camp registrants will be notified of what the options are.
I want to sign my child up for a morning and an afternoon camp. Can they stay and eat lunch at SAA?
Absolutely! They are also welcome to leave with an approved adult for lunch, and return before their afternoon camp.
If they are staying for lunch at the SAA, please pack a book (no tablets, please) or other activity for them to do during that 1.5 hour.
If a partnership is reinstated with the YMCA, an option will be given for them to go the Y for their break.
I know I'm a SAA member. Why is the discount not applying to my price?
1) Note that a discounted price does not appear on your screen until you get further into the check out process.
2) Another reason could be is that you are not a Family/Dual or above member. Early registration and camp discounts are only available to those who have these membership levels. You can easily upgrade by calling the SAA Office before registration day!
3) If you have confirmed that you are a Family/Dual member or above, and the purchase price is still not discounted after you have entered your payment information, please do not move forward with your purchase. Please call the SAA Office at 217-523-2631 so that staff can check to see, if there is an issue with the discount for that camp.
I would like to register my grandchildren for camp. Can I use my SAA membership to cover them?
Yes, so long as you have a Family/Dual level membership or above. Again, you can easily upgrade to this level, if you are currently an Individual member. Please call the SAA office at 217-523-2631 to upgrade.
I don't know my log-in or password, or where to enter this information.
- After you click 'purchase' for any SAA class or event, our website will take you to a different looking interface.
- There, you will see a 'Sign In' button in the top right corner.
- After you click there, you should enter the email address that we have on file for you. You can also reset your password from this screen if you've forgotten it.
If you're unsure of which email address you have registered, or wondering if you have a log-in at all, you can call the SAA office at 217-523-2631 for help with these matters. If you plan to register on opening day, please be sure you have this taken care of in advance.
What information do I need to have on hand to register?
Aside from your log-in info, please have the following information ready to enter, in order for your registration to go quickly:
Emergency contacts, medical and allergy information, child's DOB, t-shirt size, authorized adults to pick up children (these can be changed or added closer to camp dates).
Please be sure to ANSWER the photo release question. Not answering this question results in a NO answer. Children's names will never be published with their photograph.
FAQ AFTER REGISTRATION
- You should receive an emailed receipt after enrolling your child in camp. That is the last communication about your camps that you'll receive from the SAA until the week before your child's camp. At that time, you will get a reminder of the upcoming camp, with much of the below information included. PLEASE double check which camps you are enrolling your child in before confirming your purchase, and take note of these for your summer planning.
- Parents, guardians or authorized adults must sign their child in and out each day. Students will be released only to their parent/guardian or to those persons listed on the authorized pick-up list. If a student needs to be picked up by someone other than those listed, the office should be notified that morning. High school students may sign themselves in and out.
- Students are expected to be respectful and cooperative. The SAA reserves the right to withdraw a student from the session if it is necessary for the safety or well-being of the class. In this instance, there will be no refund of tuition.
- If your child requires medication on a daily basis, this information should have been included on registration form at time of camp enrollment. Medication must be sent in the original prescription container. If your child has allergies that require an EPI pen, please provide one on first morning of camp.
- Please do not send a sick or contagious student to camp. If a student becomes ill during camp, parents will be notified immediately. For this and other reasons (i.e., inclement weather), it is important the SAA has accurate and fully completed forms and phone numbers.
- If your child is in need of special accommodations for any reason, please let us know.
- Do not leave your car unattended in the circle drive. Unless you are dropping off or picking up a high school student, please park in a spot and come to the assigned door to check campers in and out. Door assignments will be given closer to camp start dates. Street parking on 4th and 5th streets is also available and free.
- Dress for Mess! While many of our supplies may be washable, some are not. Campers should dress for mess. Campers should wear closed-toe shoes to protect themselves during activities. We don’t want accidents to interrupt our art and history fun! Torchwork and Glassblowing students must wear cotton clothing.
- Each day campers will be taking a break and/or lunch and we recommend that you provide a healthy meal, snacks and/or drink for your child during this time.
Waiver & Release of all Claims:
By signing your child for summer camp you agree to the terms and conditions below.
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE RISK OF INJURY: Through my child’s participation in this class, I recognize that there are certain risks of physical injury and I agree to assume the full risk of any injuries, including death, damages or loss, which my child may sustain as a result of participating in any and all activities connected with or associated with said camp.
- WAIVER OR CLAIM FOR INJURY: I agree to waiver and relinquish all claims against the Springfield Art Association, its officers, directors, agents and employees, as a result of my child’s participation in summer camp.
- RELEASE FROM LIABILITY: I do hereby fully release and discharge the Springfield Art Association, and its officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any and all claims from injuries, including death, damages and losses sustained by and arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the activities of the summer camp, or my child’s participation in the camp.
- INDEMNITY AND DEFENSE: I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless and defend the Springfield Art Association and its officers, directors, agents and employees from any and all claims resulting from injuries, including death, damages and losses sustained by and arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the activities of the summer camp, or my child’s participation in the camp.
If you have any questions or concerns, please, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 217-523-2631.