FAQ BEFORE REGISTRATION
When can I register for camp?
Online registration will begin for SAA Members at 9 AM, March 4th
Online registration for non-SAA Members begins at 9 AM, March 7th
How do I become a member?
Sign up online here. Please note that your membership needs to be at the Family/Dual level membership. You can pay $100 up front for this membership, or you can take advantage of our monthly membership, which is a year-long commitment to $10 a month!
Which age group does my child belong in?
Enroll your child based on the grade that they will be entering in Fall of 2019. Children who are 5 years old and are entering kindergarten in Fall of 2019 may register for the 4-5 year and/or K-2nd grade camps.
It is important that children stay in the appropriate age level, as projects are created with their skill levels in mind.
NEW THIS YEAR: What is the transfer/refund policy?
Refunds will be issued at 90% of original purchase price until March 29.
Refunds will be issued at 75% of original purchase price until May 3.
Refunds will be issued at 50% of original purchase price until May 24.
Cancellations made after May 24 will not be refunded, as the SAA may not be able to fill empty spots.
Changes to your children's schedule (moving to different time slot, camp theme, etc.) can be made with a cost of $10 per transfer. PLEASE double check which camps you are enrolling your child in before confirming your purchase, and take note of these for your summer planning.
The SAA does not issue credits.
Are any camps held at the Benedictine Campus again?
Our new building is now open for business. All check in and check out will happen in our main building, in the art library.
Will I get a confirmation at the time of purchase?
You should receive an emailed receipt after enrolling your child in camp. That is the last communication about your camps that you'll receive from the SAA until the week of Memorial Day. At that time, you will get a reminder of the camps we are expecting your children in this summer, with much of the below information included. PLEASE double check which camps you are enrolling your child in before confirming your purchase, and take note of these for your summer planning.
The camp I want is full. Can I get on a waiting list?
Once a camp is full, the purchase button should change to a waitlist button, where you can add your child. If and when a camp spot opens, the SAA office will call you. We do our very best to ensure that each camp is filled, so we will be diligent about making calls from this list, should a spot open for your child.
I want to sign my child up for a morning and an afternoon camp. Can they stay and eat lunch at SAA?
Absolutely! We are happy to provide this convenience to families.
They are also welcome to leave with an approved adult for lunch, and return before their afternoon camp.
I know I'm a member. Why is the discount not applying to my price?
Note that a discounted price does not appear on your screen until you get further into the check out process.
Another reason could be is that you are not a Family/Dual or above member. Early registration and camp discounts are only available to those who have these membership levels. You can easily upgrade by calling the SAA Office before registration day!
If you have confirmed that you are a Family/Dual member or above, and the purchase price is still not discounted after you have entered your payment information, please do not move forward with your purchase. Please call the SAA Office at 217-523-2631 so that staff can check to see, if there is an issue with the discount for that camp.
I would like to register my grandchildren for camp. Can I use my membership to cover them?
Yes, so long as you have a Family/Dual level membership or above. Again, you can easily upgrade to this level, if you are currently an Individual member. Please call the SAA office at 217-523-2631 to upgrade.
I don't know my log-in or password, or where to enter this information.
- After you click 'purchase' for any SAA class or event, our website will take you to a different looking interface.
- There, you will see a 'Sign In' button in the top right corner.
- After you click there, you should enter the email address that we have on file for you. You can also reset your password from this screen if you've forgotten it.
If you're unsure of which email address you have registered, or wondering if you have a log-in at all, you can call the SAA office at 217-523-2631 for help with these matters.
What do I need to register?
Aside from your log-in info, please have the following information ready to enter, in order for your registration to go quickly:
Emergency contacts, medical and allergy information, child's DOB, t-shirt size, and authorized adults to pick up children (these can be changed or added closer to camp dates).
Please be sure to ANSWER the photo release question. Not answering this question results in a NO answer. Children's names will never be published with their photograph.
FAQ AFTER REGISTRATION
- You should receive an emailed receipt after enrolling your child in camp. That is the last communication about your camps that you'll receive from the SAA until the week of Memorial Day. At that time, you will get a reminder of the camps we are expecting your children in this summer, with much of the above information included. PLEASE double check which camps you are enrolling your child in before confirming your purchase, and take note of these for your summer planning.
- Parents, guardians or authorized adults must sign their child in and out each day. Students will be released only to their parent/guardian or to those persons listed on the authorized pick-up list. If a student needs to be picked up by someone other than those listed, the office should be notified that morning. High school students may sign themselves in and out.
- Students are expected to be respectful and cooperative. The SAA reserves the right to withdraw a student from the session if it is necessary for the safety or well-being of the class. In this instance, there will be no refund of tuition.
- If your child requires medication on a daily basis, this information should have been included on registration form at time of camp enrollment. Medication must be sent in the original prescription container. If your child has allergies that require an EPI pen, please provide one on first morning of camp.
- Please do not send a sick or contagious student to camp. If a student becomes ill during camp, parents will be notified immediately. For this and other reasons (i.e., inclement weather), it is important the SAA has accurate and fully completed forms and phone numbers.
- If your child is in need of special accommodations for any reason, please let us know.
- The SAA campus has expanded! Although your child may be participating in our new studios, drop off and pick up will still occur through the main doors at 700 N. 4th Street. Enter through the main door of the SAA into the library to sign in your child. Please do not drop off your child earlier than 15 minutes before start time. Your student will be ready for pick up promptly at the end of camp. If a situation arises that detains you, please contact the SAA immediately to make accommodations for your child. History camps may make other arrangements for pick up and drop off after the first day. Do not leave your car unattended in the circle drive. Unless you are dropping off or picking up a high school student, please park in a spot and come inside to check campers in or out.
- Dress for Mess! While many of our supplies may be washable, some are not. Campers should dress for mess. Campers should wear closed-toe shoes to protect themselves during activities. We don’t want accidents to interrupt our art and history fun!
- Each day campers will be taking a break and/or lunch and we recommend that you provide a healthy meal, snacks and/or drink for your child during this time.
Waiver & Release of all Claims:
By signing your child for summer camp you agree to the terms and conditions below.
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE RISK OF INJURY: Through my child’s participation in this class, I recognize that there are certain risks of physical injury and I agree to assume the full risk of any injuries, including death, damages or loss, which my child may sustain as a result of participating in any and all activities connected with or associated with said camp.
- WAIVER OR CLAIM FOR INJURY: I agree to waiver and relinquish all claims against the Springfield Art Association, its officers, directors, agents and employees, as a result of my child’s participation in summer camp.
- RELEASE FROM LIABILITY: I do hereby fully release and discharge the Springfield Art Association, and its officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any and all claims from injuries, including death, damages and losses sustained by and arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the activities of the summer camp, or my child’s participation in the camp.
- INDEMNITY AND DEFENSE: I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless and defend the Springfield Art Association and its officers, directors, agents and employees from any and all claims resulting from injuries, including death, damages and losses sustained by and arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the activities of the summer camp, or my child’s participation in the camp.
If you have any questions or concerns, please, email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-523-2631.
SAA Collective Gallery
420 South 6th Street
Springfield, IL 62701
Located in the H.D. Smith Gallery
In the Hoogland Center for the Arts
Tuesday - Wednesday 10 AM - 5 PM
Thursday - Saturday NOON - 7 PM
SAA Main Campus
School of Art (Studios),
Michael Victor II Art Library,
M.G. Nelson Family Gallery, and Edwards Place
700 North 4th Street
Springfield, IL 62702
Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday 10 AM - 3 PM