Mondays January 16 - March 6: 6 - 8PM [Roz Harmon] Keep your New Year’s resolution to learn something new, and keep yourself cozy at the same time! In this 8-week course, you’ll take your knitting skills to the next level and make a pair of fingerless mitts with an intricate, Celtic-style cable pattern, as well as a simple snowflake lace cowl. You’ll learn to knit in the round, how to cable, how to read cable and lace charts, and how to fix cabling or lace mistakes.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner. Students must already know how to cast on, knit and purl at a consistent tension, and bind off.
- approximately 700 yards smooth worsted weight yarn (4)
Mitts require approximately 200 – 325 yards, depending on length and size
Cowl requires approximately 350 - 400 yards, depending on size
Recommended: solid or tonal color, or a yarn with long colorway repeats, with at least 50% wool content. We will be discussing fiber and colors of yarn in the first class.
- US size 5 (3.75 mm) DPNs or 32” circular needle
- US size 8 (5 mm) 32” circular needle
- 4 yards smooth scrap yarn in a contrasting color, fingering weight (cotton recommended) or dental floss
- at least 4 stitch markers of two different colors
- scissors, cable needle, yarn needle, stitch holder
- pack of post-its
MEMBERS: enter MEMBER30 at checkout for $30 off!
SAA Collective Gallery
SAA Main Campus